Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Ends and a New Year is in the Horizon: Resolution Updates


2011 Outcomes 
  1. Quick Temper- Have worked on this pretty well... There are still some room for improvements though.
  2. Read 15 books this year!!!!  I read I think 8 books and started 2 others that I have yet to finish.
  3. Loss 15lbs by October 2011- Well it wasn't by Oct but by the beginning on Nov I had lost 11. But since I have had a few heath problems and haven't been going to the gym regularly I have gained 6 back over the holidays..  :( So really only down 4... 4 is better than nothing but still not my first goal.
  4. 1 New recipe a week, or more, sugury baked goods can not count as the only new recipe for the week unless they are leaving my house- I have made a few new recipes but not half as many as I wanted... and the list goes on and on. Got 7 new cookbooks for Christmas and 5 Right before Christmas and some others throughout the year.. So I have a ton of recipes just too many messes for me to cook around.
  5. Take out no more then 4 times a month.- Ha, that was a joke... Never happened probably never will.. Go out to much for this to come to fruishin.... But I can always hope.
  6. Return my library books on time! not a week late... For the most part this one went down without a snag!
  7. Make our savings account grow while paying off $6,000 worth of debt.... Well it grew then took a huge nose dive :( so no savings and I will have to update the debt part later once I have the patience to look it up... But I don't figure we hit 6,000 knowing how many I wants got put on the credit cards ( Kayaks, Camera, Shot Gun, etc) and the animal bills that are always coming and some get put on our carecredit... Just like Storm's who is about to have surgery to remove bladder stones... Still looking for the money to pay for that :(
  8. Blogging, To have more entries than 2010. Plus to blog about some important topics instead of putting it off and forgetting to do it. :)  Started out good.... dwindled half way through the year, and pretty much ended in Sept/Oct when I started going to the gym everyday and started watching what I ate... :(
  9. To use more of the produce we purchase and grow... again HA... Some got used... Some didn't... I should keep a running list of product waste this year... Its so sad how much produce we waste. The fridge needs cleaned right now and I am sure there is a good amount of produce that needs taken out... :(
  10. To organize and remove alot of junk from my life.- Had a yardsale... Does the house look better? No... I was on strike for a while and now everything is a bigger mess than what it was before...  Plus it flooded and ruined a on of stuff... O yeah and the flood took 5 or 6 storage containers so I guess that removed some junk from my life.. that should count.... :(
But even at the end of all my Failed Resolutions I am still seeing where it is good to strive towards a better me and living situation and will not hesitate to set new Resolutions very soon.... I had a really good year with family and friends. And I am even in contact with a few friends from the past which is really great... People come back into your life in strange ways sometimes... But I love them and am so glad they are back in my life!!!

We did lose one of our Babies this years.. Our Lil Abu past away at the beginning of the year. I wish I could have done more for her. We are not sure why she went into shock... It was a surprise to all of us. She is loved and very missed by us and will forever be in our hearts. 


No comments: