Monday, August 20, 2007

Family Reunions 2007


"C" touching the lake before swimming.
Well every family Reunion in both sides of our family seem to fall in late July and all through August. We always seem to go to my parents reunions and "J" never seems to really want to go to his or maybe feels out of place there. I think next year if the car is running better I am going to try to talk him into going to at least one. There is 3 on his side I think. Any ways. My 2 reunions went very well. Beckley was first and it was a very very good trip. I only get to see them once a year and it is always great. This year it was held at Lake Stephens and the weather was awesome. I learned that my dads side of the family about 5 generations back was original from Austria which I think is pretty cool. After we visited we took "C" down to the lake to go swimming. That was her first time in a lake or anything like it. She had a blast! She was so happy. I didn't spend the former night though and I missed that but we really didn't have the money this year. But thats ok. The 2nd Reunion my Moms family is held every year in the same place. It was really nice as well. We visited with everyone and the weather was also great that day. The only thing about these reunions that I don't like is there is never really anything to eat... I had water melon and bread. So I guess I am going to have to start cooking something that travels about 4 hours and sometimes a night.... Any Ideas? :) Pictures will be posted soon."C" and 2 of our cousin "E"s kids (Dads Reunion) "C" and Shayla (Moms Reunion)

No comments: