Thursday, October 4, 2007

Cauliflower Sauce and Whole Wheat Pasta (NV)


Tonight I am finally taking the time to sit down and fill out some blog pages. So here is what we had for dinner on Thursday.
Sorry the pictures a little blurry..oops!

I watch a lot of cooking shows and when I'm not watching addictively I am on the web pages browsing for recipes. I ran across this one on Rachael Rays 30 min meals. I love to watch her even though she really doesn't cook that many veggie meals. But a lot of the stuff you can cut and replace to make it veggie friendly. At least thats what I do. Anyways on to the Goods...
1 Box Whole Wheat Pasta ( Try WW-pasta not the WW Mixed)
1/4 Cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
3 Gloves Garlic (Skin off/ Cracked)
1 Onion, Finely chopped
1 Head of Cauliflower, chopped(I used a good sized head)
1 Cup Veggie Stock or No- Chik Broth
4 Sprigs Rosemary (The only spice I don't own. Oops..)
3/4 Cup Romano
Salt & Pepper to Taste

Boil water. Add salt and pasta. Cook till al dente. Don't over cook. Drain and save 2 ladles of the starchy water.

While Cooking pasta make the sauce. Heat oil in skillet w/ oil throw in the garlic and let infuse for about 5 min. Chop onions and Cauliflower ( Take all greens and stems off the cauliflower). Then take out the garlic add the onions and cook them till they are translucent and soft. ( I cook mine a little longer. I don't like crunchy onions so I make sure they are really done.. lol) So cook onions for 5 to 10 min. Add cauliflower, stock/broth,& rosemary. Cover and cook for 15 min or until tender and ready to smash. Smash with a potato masher or blend up a little. ( Put in water if you want it. I didn't use the water) Mix in cheese if cheese is desired. Mix pasta & serve.
We also had glazed carrots as a side.
"J" and I enjoyed it. "C" helped me make it but the carrot went in her mouth and came right back out into my hand..... and the pasta she wouldn't even look at so...

No comments: