Thursday, November 4, 2010

Vegan MOFO Day 4- Lightlife Sausage & Cauliflower Pasta

I did cook today I was really busy organizing all the junk that came out of our entertainment center when we finally hung the TV all the wall and just took the rest of the evening easy spending time with my husband watching tv. But I am posting a recipe I tried and really liked.

I seen a recipe awhile back in a magazine that I was browsing while waiting in check out and had to try it. Its not exactly the same and I don't know what magazine it was because I didn't buy it. But I will give the recipe I used and an alternative that would be really good to.



Pasta w/ Lightlife Sausage & Cauliflower

Head cauliflower, cut into flourets
1 pack Lightlife sausage
1 pd Ritoni
6 Cloves of Garlic
Olive Oil

1. Cook your pasta to al dente, before draining reserve 2 cups cooking water.
2. While your pasta is cooking heat a pot with olive oil, on medium heat. Brown the LL Sausage and then add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Do not burn the garlic it will be bitter.
3.Add the cauliflower to the pot and brown the edges of the cauliflower. Then add a cup of cooking water and cook covered over medium heat till the cauliflower is tender. This shouldn't take more than 8 or 10 minutes. Uncover and let the water cook off then add the pasta and stir.

Another way to make this dish would be cook the pasta and cook the LL sausage and cauliflower  like in the first recipe minus the garlic. In a separate small pot melt down 1 stick smart balance on medium heat add 2 bay leafs, 3 to 4 cloves of garlic, and 1tsp of black pepper. When you have mixed the pasta, LL sausage, and cauliflower pour the sauce over and serve.

This dish can be made with many substitutes for the veggies. Brussels sprouts, cabbage, bok choy, nappa cabbage, any of it would be great. You could totally leave out the LL sausage and add potatoes or other veggies. Try different variations with what you already have.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

This looks great! You may want to try some of the different varieties of Lightlife's sausages, I love them all!