Friday, November 26, 2010

Vegan MOFO Day 26- Black Friday and a Vet appointment for Spanx

Black Friday wasn't as interesting this year as I would have hoped. I was looking forward to it for a couple months. I was looking at the black Friday websites everyday waiting for the adds to come out. Specially Walmart they are normally my first big stop. But then the Walmart paper came out and there Black Friday add was split into..... Half at Midnight and Half at 5am.... I live an hour away.. there was no way I was going to at Midnight and waiting or returning at 5am when they opened. 

We wanted a 42" tv and some games. So instead of going out at 5am I went to Target and purchased a 40" tv for the same price as the 42" I was going to buy... I would smack myself later for this...

We came home Thanksgiving evening and laid down to take a nap after visiting with his family for a while. I never fell asleep. But that was ok. The adrenalin of the evening was kicking in and I was ready to shop. we show up at Walmart around 9pm and people started showing up around 9:30pm. We waited by the PS3 games till midnight and then kaos broke loss. We got all 7 PS3 games we wanted we were first in line. Plus I grabbed a Wii game and A game for Chey's DS. Then I went and grabbed some picture frames and a few other things. Plus I price matched an 8GB memory card for my new Nikon. Price matched it for $12.88.  O yeah and I got my first 2 blue ray movies....
Don't have a PS3 yet but we have a bunch of games!!!! $10 each on Black Friday plus two I got off like for $12.99 each. Got my wii game for $10. DS game for $7, The dark Knight for $5 and The Wizard of Oz for $10. So we made out on games!!! Now we just need to purchase a PS3...lol
After our Quick Walmart visit we went home. We had to get up early to go back to Mo-town to take Spanx to the vet. The day before Thanksgiving I noticed he had two swellings about were his Lymph nodes should be. So I made him an appointment as soon as we could get him in. They took a sample to test for Lymphoma. Luckily  4 days later the test came back good. but while we waited Abu also swelled up. The Vet doesn't know why this is happening. she said the test said some kind of infection so they are both on Antibiotics.

After the long vet appointment we drove across town to Mountain Peoples Market only to find out they were closed. So we went to Walmart... where what did my wondering eyes see..... the stupid 42" tv the I wanted... They still had it ins stock.... Evil people!!!! the only time I have ever not waited and just purchased something in advance and they had to have the tv when I walked in to Walmart at 2pm.... evil... Then went to target and looked through what they had left. I got my pyrex fridge set that I had been wanting so I could get rid of all my plastic storage bowls. I also got a kind set of sheets. Chey used her B-Day money and had me pick up a Barbie boat and Barbie.... So I even got a couple of things on Black Friday that I didn't think I would run into... 

But no interesting food.. Sorry...

No comments: