Saturday, December 15, 2007

Picking recipes for the Christmas Celebrations & more flood Warnings

Today I decided me work on some cookie recipes that I would like to make for Christmas. So I made a couple that I have been wanting to try. They all turned out really yummy.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies from PPK. These turned out really good. My mother loved them. I thought the nutmeg was a little to much. But they were really tasty.

Orange Cranberry Bread

This is more like the texture of a muffin/ corn bread mix. Atleast I think so. "J" Said they don't remind him of corn bread at all. So who knows? "J" Loved this bread. I made small loafs that cooked for about 30min. 1 Big loaf needs to cook for about and Hour. Next time I will make these as morning muffins. They are light and tasty with a citrus kick in the back.
Pre Heat oven to 375F
2 Cup flour
1 Cup Sugar
1/2tsp Salt
1 1/2tsp Baking powder
1/2tsp Baking soda
2Tbsp Canola oil
1/4 cup Water
1/2Cup Orange juice (no sugar added)
1/2 Tbsp Orange Zest
ENER G Egg replacer equivalent to 1 egg

1 Cup cranberries

Grease your pans.
Mix all dry except Sugar. In a separate bowl mix all wet. Mix together in batches.


Ginger Bread cookies as bad as it sounds I have never made them before. I don't think I have even had one to eat so I decided to make some. I was also trying out this recipe for "C"s school Christmas party that is next Thursday. They turned out great. This recipe is also from PPK. My cookie cutter makes gingie look very fat. I will have to find a traditional cutter. I think they are much cuter.

I will have a busy week this week but I should post a couple more cookie experiments. Some for "C"s party and some for family gatherings which is were I am taking the Orange Cranberry "Bread" & Pumpkin oatmeal cookies.

On a lower note we have flood warnings again. This has been awful. The other day I made the mistake of complaining because I still don't have flood insurance and then telling "J" we should not worry about it till next February thru June when we start getting rain. Well 2 days later and I ate my words for that. So I guess I jinxed myself. Stupid me. Anyways so again tonight I will probably be up all night watching the creek hoping it doesn't fluid. Awful. Who knows maybe I will get some cleaning done in the process. I also have to finish the Christmas party games. So I guess I better get with it. I will post again soon.


No comments: