Thursday, December 13, 2007

We made it...! The flood waters have dropped.


For a while we wondered if we were going to be ok. It was a long morning. In 45 min our small creek came up 5 or 6 feet up the creek bank. Then it kept going up....! 1st picture is my normally calm back yard. The Tree is about 10 feet out in my yard.




This picture is my back porch steps which is about 12 feet away from the tree.

This is my neighbors house and the road in front of it and my front yard.

This is my back yard and my moms back yard behind her garage. Over to the right is our building. We were very lucky it stopped raising before it messed up anything in the building. It only had about another half inch. I grew up with this creek and I am used to it raising so I really didn't get to upset. Plus you know what? As long as my family, Friends, & animals are safe, I am good. But I just thought I would share my day with everyone. We got off lucky this time.
This is another view of our back yard on the other side of the porch.

No comments: