Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year was a little out of the ordinary. We try to eat the night before at my parents house. But for the last two years this has not happened. which makes me a little sad. But Mom seems to be in a hurry every year and John works the day before Thanksgiving so we don't get to eat till late. This year I cooked the tofurky to be ready around 6 or 7 and John never got home. So it sat till Midnight when he finally got home. He had called about 20 minutes before he made it home so I put it back in the oven to heat it up and made microwave veggies & stuffing. Which isn't ideal but I had told John we was eating Thanksgiving dinner that evening and I didn't want to disappoint him when he had worked so hard all day.

So we did have dinner and it was so good. The tofurky was so good that we ate almost the whole thing. I wished I would have bought two. So we could have cooked one on Thanksgiving.

John was supposed to work Thanksgiving but this year for a change they decided not to schedule most of the guys on Thanksgiving which was nice. We didn't know till the day before so we had already told everyone we wasn't coming to their dinners. o we got to spend our first Thanksgiving at home in the quite. Although I did some what miss visiting it was really nice to have the day alone with my husband. so we did take care of a couple things around the house and then vegged out and watched tv for the rest for the rest of the day. It was really nice.

So, What am I thankful for?
  • For having a husband that is wonderful, caring, loving, almost always understanding, there for me whenever I need him, & would do anything for us. He is the love of my life and I am so lucky and happy to have him in my life. He is my everything. We have such a wonderful relationship and we could never ask for more in a relationship. We have a wonderful friendship that I think is definitely the very strong base that is in our marriage. We talk about everything! We share everything. When its right its right and its wonderful!

  • For having so many wonderful animals to share our lives and the opportunity to be able to give them homes, love, and everything they need. We are truly blessed to know each and every one of them.

  • For our family & friends. Each and every person makes a difference in our lives and we love all of them very much.

There is so much more I could list but I will leave it at that.

No comments: