Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions 2010

Wow! I can not believe another year has past. I am only 24 and I feel like every year that passes I have a midlife crisis and don't want to get any older. I just want it to stand still for a while and let everything else get caught up. Everything is running by and I really don't know if I will ever have the chance to feel like everything is right or if everything is destined to feel a wreck for ever. The one thing that is great is My husband and I. Our relationship has been better then ever this year and it has really brought us closer. But this isn't for me to gripe about getting old or tell you how in love I am..

This is were I update you on where I am on last years resolutions... cough.. cough... gag.... And set my new resolutions... So here is a list of last year resolutions and how I made minor changes to make them more valid.

1. To go totally VEGAN.. Yes! , I am so excited......
  • Change: By Feb 09'
  • This did happen but not by February. It took us a little longer then expected and people still haven't gotten the point that we really don't eat animal products at all! They still try to send home stuff like cake & cookies. Sometimes John accidentally eat something because he doesn't cook much and really doesn't know what is in certain foods... But other wise we are doing great. And i love it! :)
2. To get my Etsy sales up and running...
  • Change: By March 09' ...
  • Well this is what happened. I purchased stuff to make things to put online. Then I got busy and /or sometimes just procrastinated. :(

3. To exercise regularly probably about 4 times a week.... I mean lets be honest if I'm going to hit it. Lets make it a realistic number. lol...
  • I have some health issues with hormonal levels some alot of the time I feel like total crap. Luckily this has been a better year for me. But I still procrastinated and didn't stick to the plan. :(
4. To be a better blogger... Blog more often and have tons of pictures.
  • Change: Blog at least 8 times a month between the 2 blogs.
  • I thank for some of the months I stuck to this. I try to remind my self ever so often. but on those months that my health wasn't that great I didn't cook as much so. I did neglect the blogs sometimes. :S
5. Cook as often as possible- 4 times a week.
  • Again I did try and when I didn't feel good I didn't cook. But we did try some new things this year and I did cook a good amount but not what I intended. :(
6. Keep the house cleaner....
  • I did do this. I have been organizing stuff in some parts of the house. For a few months the living room and kitchen were really good. But stuff comes and goes. But over all it hasn't been an awful year for cleaning. :)
7. Work on lower our debt to credit ratio. :)
  • Change: I set our estimate at $6,000 off by the end of the year.
  • I would have made it if I wouldn't have added some money back on. we added a couple hundred for some plumbing issues, we went to veg fest & ocean city, had some medical, dentistry, and vet bills, brought a new puppy into our lives, & went out for black Friday. But we did get $4,700.00 paid off. And I have gotten rid of alot of my credit cards. So alot of what is left are loans.
Although I didn't meet all or even half of my resolutions I had a good year last year and I am not looking back in regret and I am going to look to my future for further improvements in our lives. So I am going to go through this coming years resolutions. Wish me luck! :)

  1. Be a more out spoken & reliable Vegan: Meaning reading labels better, being more out spoken when it comes to letting family know that I will not waiver my belief just because they don't have the same. I havn't really been out spoken about it in the past. I just kinda say No Thank you and that was the end. But it has been happening for so long not just since I went vegan. So I am going to try to be friendly but more out spoken.
  2. Pay off at least $6,000 worth of debt. I want all of our debt to be gone in the next 5 years.
  3. Cook at least 3 times a week. With one of those meals being new.
  4. Keep the house cleaner then last year. Put more effort into getting things organized.
  5. Read more at least 15 books this year
  6. To be a more consistent blogger.- 8 times a month between the 2 blogs.
  7. Take better care of my health- Exercise 3 times a week. Start running. Eat healthier, Cut out some of the diet caf free pepsi, try to use some of the relaxation techniques that the therapist was trying to teach me when I was younger.... :) So I won't be so stressed out all the time. Pray that my hormones are even better then they were last year :)!
  8. Learn more about Amino acids
  9. Donate to atleast 3 charities.
  10. Take out- no more than 2 times a month
So I hope you all are making great resolutions or atleast trying to grow personally.
One should never stop growing and become closed to the world around them. Because everyday is a new learning experience. You just need to open your eyes to see it.

No comments: