Monday, November 12, 2007

Food snobbery is my hobbery Questionaire

1. Favorite non-dairy milk? Me- Silk Vanilla/ "J"-Rice Dream Vanilla Enriched

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
1. Butter Nut Squash Soup ( I have never had any squash soup. Thats sad) 2.Peppermint Pucks from Squirrel's Vegan Kitchen 3. and a Recipe from VwaV but I can't remember what it was called.

3. Topping of choice for popcorn? I don't know...I really don't eat anything on my popcorn.

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?Chocolate Biscotti

5. Favorite pickled item? Beets

6. How do you organize your recipes? My magazine recipes are typed like a table of contents. My other recipes that are printed off are in a binder and I do my best to keep them in order. There are just so many of them. :)

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? Compost, I just recently about 3 months ago bought a compost bin from Lowes and started.

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)? Rice, Potatoes, Beans

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood? Gravy & biscuits at my Grandmothers.

10. Favorite vegan ice cream? Soy Delicious- I think thats what its called. It comes in coned sundaes. They are really really good...!

11. Most loved kitchen appliance? My new food processor

12. Spice/herb you would die without? I love Cinnamon. But spices and herbs are tough because if they touch me tongue they make me gag. I still try to use them though.

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time? "The complete vegetarian" I think

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Blackberry

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend? Desserts

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh? My seitan didn't turn out the best. But I've only tried to make it once. Tempeh I have never had. So I will pick tofu as long as it is blended into something. No chunks please.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)? Evening/ Supper & Desserts

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? Naturals Cereal, Pop corn, organic Spelt flour, organic corn meal, organic red star nutritional yeast, oat flour, Organic whole wheat pastry flour, Organic whole wheat gram flour, Organic wheat germ, Turbinado sugar, Toasted sesame seeds, dried dates, and some other stuff.

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. 1. Ground Boca Burger 2. Strawberries & Blue berries 3. Mixed veggies

20. What's on your grocery list? Beets, parsnips, Broccoli, Bananas, Chick peas, Soy milk, Not- Chik B-Cubes, Veg Broth, Vegan Chocolate chips, Flour, Cauliflower, Puff pastry, Cranberries, Kitty litter, it goes on.

21. Favorite grocery store? whole foods. But I don't have one here so Mountain Peoples market, Kroger, Giant eagles..?

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet. Pumpkin pie and Brownies

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3? But did they eat it?, Veg Bitch, The new pickled treats, Bitchen vegan kitchen, etc...I visit alot of them ...

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate? I'm not much for candy or chocolate but I do like the date squares from mountain peoples market. I also like the chocolate cupcakes from Isa's books, and Choclate chip cookies.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? Crystlized ginger, is that extravagant? probably not.

26. How old was you when you became a Vegetarian/Vegan? I was 14 when I started to be a veg. But really started watching everything close and reading labels when I was 18 and moved out.



1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh! I forgot about pickled beets when I answered my survey! I might have to go back and change it...
I love the pictures of your animals!