Friday, November 30, 2007

Peanut butter balls & Pumpkin dog biscuits


I have been sick lately and haven't been cooking much at all and if I have its been a pre-made meal to pop in the oven. But tonight I did a little baking. (I had to use my new kitchen aid mixer.. !!!) I made Peanut butter balls from Sinfully Vegan. I have had this book forever and I haven't tried any of the recipes. So I decided I would get something quick & simple for tonight. I have never made peanut butter balls with pumpkin in them but tonights recipe included pumpkin & they turned out great. "J" loved them too. I also made pumpkin dog biscuits since I opened a huge can of pumpkin. The recipe for the Dog Biscuits will be posted below. This is also the first time that I made this recipe. Chloe & Sophie were not to into them. :( But I added some melted carob to them which made the puppies change their minds very quickly. (For those not familiar with carob it can be used as a chocolate substitute. Dogs can have carob it has no chocolate in it. DO NOT GIVE YOUR DOGS CHOCOLATE! It will poison them..ok!) Ok now that I'm done exclamateing I will move on.

Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
1/2 Cup Canned Pumpkin
1/2 Cup Water
2 T Veg oil
1/2 t Ground Cinnamon
1/2 t Nutmeg
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
2 Cups Whole wheat flour
Carob Optional

Preheat oven to 375F
Mix All wet ingredients in a separate bowl from dry. After both are well mixed add together. Mix till a dough forms. Roll out till 1/4" inch thick. Bake for 30- 45 min. I know thats a big gap in time but depending on how thick or thin they are the time will very. Make sure they are dry of they will mold. Let them cool and store in an air tight bag. If you want to add carob melt on a double boiler. Dip ends in. You don't need to cover the whole thing just the end is good. The pups will love it.!

No comments: