Friday, January 18, 2008

New Years Resolutions, a little late.

I have taken up a new hobby. I know I am super busy or maybe I'm not, Who knows. I know that sounds weird. But I don't work and I still manage not to get much done. I think its because I just don't know where to start on getting my home organized. Its not that its unlivable I just would like to be more organized. I am one of those people that would take a label maker and label everything. I think I have some OCD issues actually. But right now my house drives me crazy. For the last almost 3 years now my house has been somewhat unorganized but I'm not sure where to even start. When I do start I have to pull everything out of were I am and reorganize it before I can even start cleaning and after I work on organizing for a couple hours I don't feel like cleaning up the mess that I started with. Its always like that. So I have taken up a new hobby for now to get my mind off of the house. Knitting. Yes, I have always wanted to learn so I am teaching myself. I knitted a baby bib yesterday. NO I'm not pregnant I just didn't know what else to knit. I really like it. It seems to get rid of some of my stress. (Considering I have another New Years resolution of cutting out most of my stress shopping. I now notice I said most. If I say ALL it will never happen. So we are working on most. But just my luck I found a new clothing store I really like. But I am happy to say I haven't bought anything there. But I'm not going to hold my breath because today is Friday and the week end is notorious for being shopper friendly for me:) I think I should write down all my New Years Resolutions. I have alot of them this year. Hopefully they go better then normal. So here we go.


  1. Debt management : Cut out stress shopping and really watch how mush I am spending ( This has not been a year for cutting down on money. So far I have had to buy a car, buy new tires, buy parts for the Talon, take Sade to the vet, and now pay for Sade's surgery. I still need to get Beltane castrated, Sophie & Chloe spade, my animal room floor refinished and repainted, the list goes on and on.) its awful.

  2. Exercise at least 3 times a week working up to 5 or 6 times a week by the end of the year. (I was doing pretty good for a while last year and then I got busy and stopped. So hopefully this will work out because I love doing pilates, and yoga. And when I get back in shape a little I want to start running again. I used to love to run in the morning but I have not done that in a few years. So wish me good luck on this one.)

  3. Eating healthier & cut out the cheese: Yes I do eat pretty healthy but I do get on junk food cravings every once in a while. Plus I do still eat a fair amount of cheese. Before this year it was just your everyday cheese that people run in the store and grab and not think twice about it. Now I am only buying rennet less cheese ( I know as a vegetarian I should have done this all along.) which is hard to find in our area and is much more expensive. So I will not be buying as much of it. Which is fine with me. We will see how "J" fairs. I would like to go to soy cheese this year as well and cut out all the animal cheese. ( For animal welfare reasons as well as health.)

  4. Keep my house clean & organized. I think this speaks for its self from the above paragraph.

  5. Pay my bills on time: I know that sounds bad but I really only have a problem because I forget to pay the phone and tv bill. I don't know why but they seem to skip my mind.

  6. Cooking at least 1 new dish a week along with trying new foods.
  7. Work on my anger issues. I have a bad temper that I have been working on for a while now and I hope it keeps getting a little better.

I think that is all the main ones. I will update if I remember any more. Well wish me luck :)

I know this picture of Copper eating a tomato has nothing to dot with my blogging topics but I really didn't have any pictures that did go with the topic so. You get Copper.... ( I might post a picture of the bib I knitted later when I get a pic).

No comments: