Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jelly Filled Cupcakes- Veganomicon

Well I decided to make these for the PTO meeting. It was the kindergarten parents turn to provide food. I will say it was so boring sitting there through the meeting. But at least I tried another recipe. These are a good mix of spicy but sweet and have a nice texture. I could even eat these without the jelly middles. Actually the jelly middles sunk all the way to the bottom of the cupcakes which made eating them a little tricky. I missed the part when it said make them the night before because they are better after they set. The preserves stay in the cupcakes better after they set. But just a heads up. Try these. They are pretty good. You could probably put a number of other preserves in these as well. I think next time I will make a variety of flavors. I might make them for the trip to my grand parents on Easter.

No comments: