Monday, October 26, 2009

Vegan SloppyJoed Hot dogs w/ Omega 3's

I watch alot of cooking shows and covert alot of recipes. I was recently watching my DVR-ed Racheal Ray's talk shows and seen her make the Sloppy Dawgs. I was being lazy and wanted something quick to make. So of course I go cut up the Green Peppers & Onions and put them in the pan to cook and then looked up the Recipe. I didn't make it to her specks. I did start off the same but added some stuff to it. They turned out really good. Plus I was surprised when just the Peppers and onions were cooked with the hot dogs that alone was really good. I myself had never treid Peppers on my dogs... so that great!

Yes w/ Omega 3. I know weird for a recipe like this.. right? well I have been tring to get more in my diet. Because I have faces the fact that although I talk about eating healthy, I don't always do so. I get lazy and then I snack on Junk. So today I cooked.... Something easy :)

Vegan Sloppy Joed Hot Dogs w/ Omega 3

1 Pound/Pack Vegan hot dogs
1 or 2 Medium Green Pepper
1 or 2 Medium Onion

Chop all. Cook hot dogs till drown. Put in Green peppers & Onions. Cook till Soft.- Sauce listed Below.

Sauce

1- 8 oz can Tomato Sauce
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
3 Tbsp Brown Suger- (Depends on desired sweetness. I don't add quit that much)
2 Tbsp Flax Seed- (You can add more or less- Its optional. But you don't even taste it!)
1 tsp Pepper
1/2 to 1 tsp hot sauce- I like them hot but my husband doesn't
1Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp Worchisire sauce ( I was out so I used some steak sauce, John eats it on Vegan boca
burgers. lol. Strange I know. But I did miss the W- Sauce tang)

After the Hot dogs are brown and the Peppers & Onion is soft dump in the sauce. Let it heat up good then your done. Put on Toasted hot dog bun or toast and enjoy!

No comments: