Monday, September 5, 2011

Vegan Creamed New Potatoes YUM!

One of my fave things to do is take foods I grew up with "comfort foods" and veganize them... 
(John Calls it retrofitting...  lol)
And for some things thats not so easy... but this one is super easy !
As I wrote yesterday I haven't had any new potatoes in a few years...
So I cooked these the first chance I got!!!
They were so good... The texture of new potatoes are so creamy by themselves...
and I love them with gravy and peas...
Problem.. 
Thought I had 2 bags of frozen organic peas...
Did I?
Not That I can find...
Not that John can find in either freezer...
I swear I bought those peas...

I have posted my gravy recipe before but I figure I will post it again since I havn't posted in awhile and to make it easier to find...
All you need:
Unsweetened Almond Milk
Oil- I use EVOO
Vegan Butter (I use Smart Balance Light)
Flour
Pepper
Salt
Potatoes
and The missing peas.......

Just make it like normal...

Melt Butter in pan and add some oil and let heat up(Med heat)I also add pepper at this point. I like the flavor of using both.. (If you are using a butter with water let the water cook off) its 1tbsp Butter or oil to 1tbsp flour per cup of milk.... So put all the oil and butter in them measure out your flour and add it.. Let it cook a couple minutes to lose flour flavor.. Then take a whisk and whisk in about a cup of milk at a time so it doesn't get lumpy... Let thicken... add you peas a couple minutes before you take it from the heat.. Then add fork tender potatoes to gravy and serve...

I like to eat alone or on toast...

No comments: