Thursday, December 6, 2007

Soup

I made a soup today. I love soup its easy to make and it good especially on a cold day. I was watching Racheal Ray this morning and seen this soup called "Rock soup" and decided I would make something like it. So here is my recipe for the day.

Veggie Soup of the Day
Potatoes ( a couple depending on the size and how much you like potatoes)
3 Carrots
5 Celery Stalks
2 Gloves Garlic
1 or 2 White onions diced
1 Can Chick peas
1 Can diced Tomatoes
Paprika ( Palm full) For a smoky flavor ( I didn't have enough :( )
Hot sauce to taste (I used chipolte)
1 Box of No- Chik Broth
Olive oil
Croutons of Crusty bread to make croutons.
*I also had veggie smoked Boca sausage in it. But I didn't like it. So I would skip it if I was you.

Put a couple Tablespoons Olive in in pan and warm. Chop the Potatoes, Onions, Celery, & Carrots through in the pot. Put the paprika, garlic and hot sauce and let the veggies cook down some. (Any others veggies you want fill free to throw in. Its all up to what you like.) After the veggies have cooked down put the Can of Chick peas, Tomatoes, and the No- Chik broth. Let it boil till the veggies are soft and you are ready to eat. Add the croutons and it makes it kind of creamy. I like creamy soups better. But this one was pretty good. I also like the crunch of the croutons so I keep some for the top. Enjoy....

No comments: