Saturday, April 19, 2008

Vegan Questionaire

This questionnaire has been floating through the Veg blogs so I figured I should do it too. So here goes.

1. If you have to choose between locally grown or organic, which do you usually choose?
I'm not sure. It probably depends which is priced better. I am on a tight budget. I would probably buy locally grown though.

2. Favourite way to prepare potatoes:
Fried with onions and sometimes Green peppers

3. Do you press your tofu before preparing/cooking it (if you eat soy)?
Yes

4. Name your favorite recipe that is a tradition in your family:
Blackberry Cobbler

5. Any food allergies?
Milk products make my nose run and unset my stomach. But I'm not sure if that's considered an allergy.

6. When you want to go to a fancy dinner, where do you go?
Around here that's a joke. The only place to get veggie burgers (or something a veg can eat) is Applebees, Garfields, Denny's...

7. When you have a cold, what do you crave?
Soup

8. What kind of water do you drink? (Filtered, spring, tap, etc.)
Filtered tap and sometimes bottled

9. Name a flavor of soda you'd love to see:
I'm not sure. I just love plane pepsi. I just wish they would hurry up and get stevia instead of phen... whatever the fake sugar is called.

10. If the recipes you ate as a child were compiled into a cookbook, what would the title be?
I'm not sure I grew up eating meat till I was 14 then I stopped eating everything but chicken. Then I went totally veg a few years later. ummm....Mom's Fav Five. Because we had the same things over and over again. Not just 5 things. but my parents were never much into trying new foods but neither was I. It wasn't a bad thing just a normal thing to me.

11. If you were allowed to grow one food that can't grow in your climate, what would it be?
year round watermelons.. ?.

12. Favorite type of mushroom?
Button & shitaki

13. Most frustrating part of your kitchen?
Space & setup. The pantry is shaped funny so I can't really use it for food. And the cabinets were built by the people we bought our house from. They did a crappy job. So all the canned & boxed foods, pots & pans, and different processors, mixers, blinders, slow cookers, muffin pans, cookie sheets, ect.. are just kinda put where ever they will fit for now.

14. Last food you burned?
Bread under the Broiler. I can't crust up bread under the broiler if my life depended on it.

15. Usual response to a veg*n's favorite question, "But where do you get your protein?":
Are you seriously asking me that again? I run off a list. And tell them to come up with a better question if they want my time and/or attention.

16. If you were baking your own birthday cake today, what flavor would it be?
Chocolate w/ rich mocha frosting ! Yummy!

17. Favourite brand of chocolate chips?
What ever kind I can find at the store that are vegan. Sometimes I just use endangered species dark chocolate and crunch it up.

18. You have $200 of your tax return reserved for Williams Sonoma - What do you buy?
I wish I did have money reserved. We have to put our return towards heating costs for next winter ! Umm but just to ponder .. A panini press or juicer & new cutlery

19. Do you plan your menus in advance? Any tips to share?
No not normally- But I am starting to try so I can do budgeting cutbacks.

20. You have 3 minutes before you have to leave the house and you're starving- What do you eat?
An apple if anything. I would just normally wait till I get back.

21. If Martha Stewart, Paula Deen, and Rachel Ray got into a fight, who would win and how?
I like watching Rachel Ray. but I think I will go with Martha Stewart. I'm sure she would know how to kill & properly slaughter you while knitting your remains booties and planting pansies in your skull.. Plus with all those jail friends she could have u offed before you ever knew what hit you. lol

22. If you eat oatmeal, what do you add to it before serving?
Depends what kind. normally just some sugar, apples, & cinnamon. Or some other kind of fruit.

23. If you got to travel to one country and learn all the traditional dishes there, where would you go (ignore commitments in your current place of residence.)
India, My husbands family are originally from there and I would be interested to learn more about there culture and cooking.
Australia might be on my list too. It just depends what there food would Intel.

24. Favourite late night snack?
Fruit or Cereal

25. Favourite springtime food?
Fruits of all kinds, except stuff like strawberries that still taste crappy in the spring

26. Favorite food-related magazine?
Vegetarian Times, VegNews, and I also used to get Veggie Life. I get a couple others too.

27. Which do you prefer: shoyu, tamari, conventional soy sauce, or Bragg's Aminos?
Tamari or soy.

28. What vegetable or fruit do you dislike the most?
Ramps, They stink!. I eat most everything now. I used to be picky. .

29. Name a holiday food you look forward to all year long:
Pumpkin Pie.

30. If you could convert anyone to veganism with your magic wand, who would you convert?
My dad has heart problems and he still eats all kinds of sausage, eggs, burger, steak, etc. Plus I have been a veg for years and he still offers me meat anytime he can. But he does it in a way that you don't want to be irritated by it but you still are..

No comments: