Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Baby Shower -Amanda


Today was "J"s sister Amanda's Baby shower. Instead of all girls all of the family was invited. That was really nice. I love going to events with "J". So we showed up early and helps decorate (classic pooh theme). I chopped up some veggies. Nothing to hard..lol.. There were games. Decorate a room, stroller dorby, & the men had to race to dress the baby dolls .lol.. All the games were good. For the food there was lots of veggies, salad, the vegan cookies I made, cake, and meat.. yuck.. There was every type you could possibly thick of. I didn't know how much the smell of meat bothered me till today. The chicken wing smell I can deal with it doesn't really bother me. But there was actual meat balls in some kind of sauce and a meat tray w/ I think salami & roast beef plus others ( I wouldn't swear to it I didn't really look at it) But between the two I thought I was going to pass out. I'm pretty sure it was mostly the meat balls but I got so sick so fast. I couldn't believe it. That has never happened before. So any ways. The rest of the day was good. I had a big salad and some pickles & crackers.
Last night J and I went shopping for the baby shower. I love to shop and I love to buy gifts for people. It takes me for ever to pick things. So I was at Target for like 2 hours. For just a couple things. I ended up purchasing a Munchkin Bottle holder, a munchkin thing that helps your baby switch to whole veggies. (I love that thing I def have to get one), wrist rattles, a cow duck... lol, 2 Boxes of Organic Baby Cereal, a Classic Pooh passi & Clip & safety things for the plug ins. She doesn't know if she is having a boy or girl yet. So this is the first shower I have ever went to and didn't buy clothing. Anyways. I have to see what she didn't get so after she finds out whats she is having I can get her a couple more things. Over all It was a very nice and fun Baby shower.

I have a gripe for today besides the meat thing though. Well lets say this about the meat at a baby shower.. I don't feel... for one... anything should be celebrated by causing death & cruelty. And every shower I have been to has had meat. Why celebrate life with the death of a sentient being or any being? I don't understand.. at all.. anyways next gripe. I have grown up living in the same town I do now. I have lived beside the same family for most of my life. Today while I was helping clean up at the baby shower, They were going to give me the extra lettuce for my rabbit. Well I simply said thanks you but my rabbit past away a little while again. So really load to the whole kitchen "C" the neighbor I grew up beside said..."O so that rabbit finally died. Its about time. You have had it for ever." Why feel the need to say something like that to someone who has had a loss.? I just felt it was very rude especially in the manner and tone in which she said it. But thats most of my gripes for the day.. Over all it was a pretty good day.

No comments: