Saturday, May 17, 2008

Shepards Pie & Cookies


Today "C" helped me make cookies. I am making cookies for my Sister-N-Laws baby shower this coming Saturday. So I thought I would try some of the recipes out of The Joy of Baking. They both Turned out great. I make the Chocolate Chip Cookies pg 110 & the Peanut Butter cookies pg 116. For some reason every time I try to make Chocolate chip cookies they come out wrong. But this recipe came out great. Last 4th of July I made Chocolate chip cookies with the recipe from PPK I think and they turned out awesome too. I made it probably 4 or 5 times. The last 5 times I have tried to make that recipe it has turned out offal for some reason. I even tried the recipe in Vegan with a Vengeance and it didn't turn out for me either. I think that might be the same recipe on the PPK though. I'm not sure. Anyways this is the first times in 8 months that I have been able to make Chocolate chip cookies that turned out great. I know that sounds really dumb. I don't know why I have been having such trouble making cookies. Just my luck I guess. If u knew me you would know I don't have the best luck at all. The peanut butter cookies turned out nice. A little fluffier then any other peanut butter cookie I have had. I couldn't even put the cross hatches on them because they were sticking to the fork. But they tasted good. "J" and my mom really liked them. I am not much for Peanut better cookies. I will probably try some more cookie recipes before the end of the week.. So check back for more pictures.

For dinner we had Shepards Pie Based on the recipe from Racheal Rays new Yum-O cook book I checked out from the Library yesterday. I just switched out some of the flesh for soy meats. I used Boca & Morningstar. I also added beans and Corn. It turned out great. Have I mentioned I have never had Shepards Pie and neither has "J". Neither of us really had a huge variety growing up. So I know on most posts its labeled with I have never had this. O well. Just letting u know. But this turned out really tasty. "J" really loved it he finished all of it after I had one serving. But thats ok. Nothing to in depth today as if any of my posts are.

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

yummy is all i can say. Just a hello, do check me out one day when u can rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, please comment and fell free to
Blog Roll Me

Anonymous said...

I love shepherd's pie, and yours looks great! I should make some this weekend...

~Angela K.~