Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Simple Yummy Pasta Sauce

I seen this on the Martha Stewart show yesterday and I was craving pasta so I said what the heck and made it. Its simple, good, cheaper than on organic jar and you don't have to stand in the kitchen and chop up a hundred things. I like it :)


Red Pasta Sauce

2- 28oz Cans Whole Tomatoes ( I used organic)
2 cloves garlic (I grated it, She chopped it)
1/4 cup olive oil
I used a little dry basil... She added something green but didn't say what it was.
Optional- Pinch Red pepper flakes
Then I let it boil for an hour. She said to boil it 30 minutes but I wanted more flavor to develop. Then at the end add a small amount of salt and pepper to taste and your done.

Simple and easy. She also added it to the pan with her pasta and a little starchy cooking liquid to let it cook a bit more. I didn't
Next time I might add a few red pepper flakes to give it some warmth. But I really liked it.

The yummy sauce in all its glory :)

This one had a little added Vegan Parm.

No comments: