Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yeast Biscuits recipe

I thought I would drop by and leave a "Yeast Biscuits" recipe. I had never tried them till today. They don't taste like regular biscuits or like roles. But they don't taste like yeast. I guess kind of a role/ Biscuit mix...

  • 1 package yeast
  • 1/2 cup lukewarm water
  • 5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 3/4 cup veg shortening (Try to find non hydroginized)
  • 2 cups soy milk
  • 2 teaspoons vinegar
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Place yeast and sugar into the warm water. This lets the yeast proof so you know it will work. Let it foam up. In a seperate bowl combine all dry ingredients. Cat in shortening with fork or fingers. I like to use my fingers so I can blend it till its like wet sand. Then add you wet ingredients. Combine till dough starts to form. Dump into floured surface. knead a little. Do not over knead or they will be tuff. Role out as thick as you would like. Remember these will rise a little in the oven. This recipe make quite a few. It depends how thick you role it. Some where between 12 and 24. Then enjoy.

I had these rolled out pretty thin. Thats why they are kinds thin looking and not thick & fluffy. My little sister was helping...

No comments: