Monday, November 8, 2010

Vegan MOFO Day 8: "Chik N Soup" & Cooked Apple Sauce

Well today John stayed home from work with the tummy flu... It was really bad. So of course we follow the "BRAT" diet when our tummies are not feeling well. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, & Toast. So I made him some "chik N soup" and homemade quick cooked apples turned into apple sauce. Both extremely simple. To simple to even call them recipes. So I will just give the instructions. The soup I know isn't really on the list but I figured a little white pasta and broth wouldn't hurt.

Chik N soup

2 boxes No chicken broth made by Imagine
1 box organic white ABC pasta
5 to 8 organic carrots, diced very small
Water

I dice the carrots very small then boil them till tinder in water. Broth boils down really fast and is expensive so I use the water for the carrots. Then I put the carrots into the broth, bring it to a boil, then add the ABC noodles and follow the pasta instructions till al dente.

Cooked apples

Can be eaten as chunked cooked apples as my family did when I was young or blended into apple sauce like I did for John.

1 large or 1 1/2 small apples per person
water

I cover the bottom of the pot in about an inch of water put the apples in and then just wait till they are nice, tender, and sweet. It will take like 15 minutes. You can add anything you want but I just left it plain.

PICTURES TO POST SOON

No comments: