Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Vegan MOFO DAY 23 Mo-town, Daiya!, and cookies

Well today I decided I was going to Mo-Town and do some shopping.  I decided I was going to go to Mountain peoples market which I hadn't been to in for ever. I used to go there all the time for my organic spices and bulk pantry items. I had stopped going because they had taken the whole back section out and only started carrying about half the stuff and I could no longer find some of the stuff I was looking for. But I am really happy that I stopped that day. I didn't only get ....
Vegan Parm topping, 2 spice jars, Bulk organic popcorn, organic cinnomon sticks,
organic dried apples, Organic coconut, & organic pumpkin pie spice.
But I also got Daiya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been wanting to try this stuff for ever and now I got too!
Cheese pizza anyone!!!??? It was really good. But... When you use
daiya you have to use it sparingly because it has such a sharp flavor. We used the
Mozzarella daiya and it tastes more like a super sharp cheddar. So use it sparingly.
I will only put about half of the bag on our next pizza instead of 3/4 of the bag.
But it was definitely worth the money!
After I got home I wanted to make some cookies to take to my in laws for there baking day. so I tried 2 new recipes...
Espresso Chip Oatmeal cookies
These are from Vegan cookies take over your cookie Jar and I thought they were promising  I mean how can
chocolate and espresso get  messed up??? well I didn't like them.... I had so
 much hope for these and was so sad when they didn't work out. But next time I make
 no bake cookies I will add some Espresso I am sure those will turn out alot better.
So then I tried another cookie recipe that looked so good in the book. I had even remembered to pick up the dryed organic apples at Mountain peoples market....

Peanut Apple Pretzel Drops
These cookies also came from Vegan cookies take over your cookie jar. I thought they looked really good in the book.
But after I cooked them I thought they tasted bland.
So I might try these again but next time I will add more spices. Plus for buttery cookies I need
to find some vegan stick butter and I can't get it around here.  
these are the cookies. They came out cute but not as cute as in the book.
 I think it was because of the bowl butter. Bowl butter normally has more
 water in it but I am not sure about the vegan butters. Really wish I could find vegan stick butter here. 

No comments: