Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tester Recipe Update

A while back I had mentioned that I had been selected as a recipe tester for Colleen Patrick- Goudreau's New cookbook "Color Me Vegan" which will be out next year. I thought I would post a few pictures of just a couple of the many recipes I have been fortunate enough to be able to test. All the recipes have been easy and quick to make. And I have totally enjoyed getting to test recipes some of which I would have never tried when just purchasing the book. It has opened my eyes to new foods & new tastes. Which is always awesome. So now I will have to go back through my cook books to see what I have been missing out on. But hopefully I will remember to take more photos of the next finished products.

1st recipe I got to test was these Beet burger. It is weird to have a red burger in my kitchen... I couldn't help but to think that every time I have made this recipe. John and I loved them. They taste great, freeze great, bake up in the oven nicely and cook on the grill awesomely. We had the last 2 from the first batch for the 4th of July. These taste very clean, very California... I know that sounds funny. But they really do. Try them when you get the book and you will see what I mean.





















This picture is from the last group of recipe I got. These Suger & Spice Almonds are delicious. I don't know what to say about them. This has been my favorite snacks since trying it and will deffinitally be one of those go to snacks and would be awesome to have at a party.

This is Parsnip Soup its also from the last batch of recipes I got. It was smooth and creamy and had an extra bonus carrot topping that worked really great together.























I have also tried Roasted Bell Pepper & Carrot Soup
Roasted Fenel w/ Carrot Puree
Curried Cauliflower Soup
Avocado Pudding- Not big on avocados but this turned out nice!

and had the chance to try :
Quick Curried Chard & Coconut rice but couldn't get all the ingredents in my area but as soon as I can get my hands on them I will be sure to try them.

Now I am waiting on my next round of recipes. Hopefully there is one because I love testing them. I will update again later.


UPDATE

Just received # new test recipes!!!
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Mushroom Barley Soup
Green Smoothies

Check back for pictures and info!!!!

No comments: