Saturday, April 7, 2007

An Old Favorite Updated- Chik-N Noodle Soup

Chik-N Noodle Soup (A Simple Recipe)
1/2 Bag No- Egg Wide Noodles (They are hard to find in my area, But I did find some at a discount store)
5 Cups Mckays Chicken Style Broth powder (Vegan style Chik Broth)
1 Can Sliced Carrots
Corn Starch (Enough to thicken)
1/4 Cup soy milk
1 T Margarine
Salt & Pepper to taste

Makes enough for 2 or 3 bowls

I make this different all the time but this was my try at it this week. Normally I don't thicken it. But my husband likes thick chik-n noodle soup. It turned out pretty good. I should have made more. It could use a little something but not sure what. O well It was still good. Sometimes for my "J" tastes I add little bits of Morningstar Farms or Quorn Chik-n style pieces to make it a little more like what he was used to. I also sometimes add peas & corn. But I like the carrots best.

No comments: